Update June 23: If you are planning on visiting us, don’t forget your mask! Per Harris county regulations, masks are required upon entering our building—even for to-go orders—and when not seated at your table. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to loan you one.
Thank you for helping us make Urban Eats a safe environment for all!
For those that are ready to dine-in, we are now offering dine-in service at both our first floor and upstairs dining rooms. Upstairs reservations are limited and available only during the following times: Thursday 11 – 9; Friday 11 – 9, Saturday 10 – 9, and Sunday 10 – 3.
To say these last few weeks have been a challenge for our Urban Eats team would be an understatement. Just like most of our local small businesses, we’ve been tested—physically, mentally, emotionally—and pushed to our breaking points. Even with Governor Greg Abbott’s push to reopen this Friday, May 1, this battle, and test of our grit, is not over.
Back when we first opened Urban Eats in 2014, our vision was to share recipes we love, use the best ingredients—and make them available and accessible—create a beautiful space where our friends and family can gather, and be an anchor on Washington Avenue to serve our community well.
Fast forward five years, and our mission has never been more important than it is today. Providing a safe environment to gather our community has always been part of our mission, but it’s more important now more than ever. We are so thankful to have incredible customers that feel like dear friends and our terrific team that makes it happen every day.
Today, we’d like to give an update on where we are on reopening and what you can expect from your Urban Eats team.
We’ve listened to feedback from our customers and the resounding responses are divided between seeing us fully open and letting us know now is not the time. We value both opinions and because of that, we’d like to take a soft opening approach that takes both sides into consideration.
Here’s our game plan:
- First and foremost, we will continue to follow all COVID-19 regulations and we hope all of our customers that walk through our doors will do the same.
- We will continue to operate as a to-go, curbside and walk-in eatery.
- All food ordered at the first floor register will be served in to-go packaging. If you would like to stay and eat your order on-site, in a social distant manner, you may do so on our first floor. Indoor and patio seating available.
- All seating will be a minimum of six feet apart.
- Restrooms will be monitored and sanitized on a strict charting schedule.
- Starting this Friday, May 1 we will offer dine-in eating upstairs with reservations required. Reservations are limited and available only during the following times: Friday 5 – 9 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- First floor and second floor patio seating are open, and encouraged, for reservations.
- We will monitor operations this weekend and make adjustments accordingly.
While you’re making your grocery list, we invite you to shop our epicurean market! Walk into our market and shop items such as fresh bread, olive oil, jams and jelly, cured meats and cheeses. Don’t miss our grab-n-go options that include salads, sandwiches, meals you can easily keep in the fridge and warm, and a great selection of drink options; we even have alcoholic options to choose from. Our deli counter has your favorite deli meats and cheeses and our market eatery has some of your favorite menu items you can take home by the pound.
These last few weeks we have been tested, but the love and support of our customers, family, and friends have helped us get through. Please consider shopping local and supporting the local restaurants and businesses that make our communities so great. We need you now more than ever.
To make your weekend reservation, call us today at 832.834.4417. We are located at 3414 Washington Ave. and are open 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday – Saturday; 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sunday.